Support Urgent Public Health Research and Pandemic Response
Rapid COVID-19 Pilot Awards
The spread of the COVID-19 pandemic demands that we commit our energy to finding ways to flatten the curve and limit exposure.
Gifts to the Public Health Preparedness and Research Fund will expedite Rapid COVID-19 Pilot Awards to accelerate innovative Rollins School of Public Health faculty research related to COVID-19. These awards will advance proposals with short- or long-range objectives built on creative and transformative ideas around the COVID-19 pandemic.
Rollins response to COVID-19
The Public Health Preparedness and Research Fund supports the Rollins School of Public Health’s research and response efforts related to COVID-19 and pandemic preparedness including:
- modeling vaccine strategies and virus spread,
- investigating best methods to control pandemics,
- evaluating performance of interventions to curb transmission,
- advising on measures to mitigate the spread of viruses among incarcerated people and correctional staff,
- advising and assisting local boards of health on pandemic response,
- implementing and evaluating employee screening programs.
The impact of your gift
Preparedness in the face of a crisis like COVID-19 saves lives.
Your gift to the Public Health Preparedness and Research Fund enables the Rollins School of Public Health’s ability to respond to public health crises such as COVID-19 and to prevent their spread in the future.
Rollins trains nearly 1,400 students each year to solve public health challenges locally, nationally, and globally. These students will make up the public health workforce of the future that is so critical to respond to pandemics like COVID-19.