Help a Future Emory Medical Student!
The average cost of attending private medical school over four years is $322,767. At Emory University School of Medicine, the average student graduates with $163,000 in debt. Many top candidates are discouraged from attending medical school at Emory due to the financial burden. How many of the best prospective thought leaders, activists, and researchers is Emory, and society at large, losing? We want to help such candidates revolutionize healthcare, combat health disparities, fight global disease, or develop novel drug therapies here at Emory!
Grateful for the education we received at Emory School of Medicine, where we have been privileged to serve the unique patient population of Atlanta and the Southeast, the Class of 2019 wants to fund a scholarship to help support future Emory medical students with high financial need. By helping cover part of their tuition, your gift could allow tomorrow’s physicians to pursue their dreams.
The rising cost of tuition across the country discourages potential Emory applicants from becoming tomorrow’s physicians. The Emory School of Medicine Class of 2019 graduates on May 13. Before this date, we want to fund a scholarship for a future Emory medical student. You can help establish a lasting legacy. Please donate to support a future doctor, medical researcher, or healthcare advocate about to start their journey in the Emory School of Medicine. Thank you!
Did You Know?
Below are a few expenses incurred by prospective and current medical students:
- $315 – the registration fee for the MCAT
- Over $2000 – the cost of an MCAT prep course
- $170 – the application fee for applying to one medical school. Applicants must pay an additional $39 for each additional medical school they want to apply to
- $349 – the cost of purchasing a three-month online question bank to prepare for board exams
- $630 – the registration fee for each of the required board exams Step 1 and Step 2 CK
- $1290 – the registration fee for the required board exam Step 2 CS
- $499 – the cost of purchasing a one-year subscription to an online question bank to help students study for exams during the third year of medical school and Step 2 board exams
- $42 – the cost of a single board exam test prep book
Graduating in 2019?
You can earn your Blue Tassel, a commemorative keepsake for Emory students who make a gift during their graduating year. Display your Blue Tassel for years to come as part of your framed diploma or wherever you hang your stethoscope!