2017 BBA Class Gift for Social Enterprise @ Goizueta
What is the BBA Class Gift?
The BBA Class Gift is an annual tradition at Goizueta that allows graduating BBA seniors a chance to support the programs and student activities that made their experiences here great.
While there are many great causes to support at Goizueta, the BBA Class Gift Committee and the BBA Council president have chosen to support Social Enterprise @ Goizueta, a research center within the business school that aims to generate positive societal impact by making markets work for more people in more places in more ways.
Help us achieve 100% participation. While aiming to reach our funding goal of $10,000 for Social Enterprise @ Goizueta (SE@G), the BBA Council and Class Gift Committee encourage every graduating BBA to give. Every gift counts, no matter the size. Last year, the 2016 BBA class more than doubled student participation—from 16 percent to 41 percent. Imagine what a difference we could make together if we reach 100 percent participation from the 2017 BBA class?
Why Give Now?
Graduation is approaching, and the time to create our class legacy is now.
An important part of our BBA experience has been learning how business solutions can have a positive effect in our communities, here and around the globe.
SE@G has had a major impact on the BBA student experience:
- Students travel to Nicaragua and Costa Rica to learn the opportunities and challenges facing international development organizations and coffee growing communities.
- Atlanta-based classroom experiences enable students to explore corporate social responsibility and impact investing.
- Special course projects include the Audacious Ideas Night Challenge and Catalyzing Social Impact Mini-Consultancies.
- Fellowships for top social-enterprise students support career exploration mentorships, conference travel, and summer internship stipends.
- A multi-year partnership with the Emory Impact Investors Group (EIIG) which is a student club that makes investments supporting alumni of SE@G’s Start:ME, a micro-entrepreneur accelerator program based in the Clarkston and East Lake communities of Atlanta.
Let’s continue to impact the student experience by raising $10,000 for Social Enterprise @ Goizueta.
BBA seniors can contribute directly to the campaign, and parents can give on their student’s behalf. To leave a tribute message for a student as part of your gift, please email your message to Devon Bradley at firstname.lastname@example.org.